Monday, January 23, 2012

Snow Daze

We were thrilled to finally get our first snow of the year last Sunday and promptly headed out to enjoy the white stuff.  I'm not sure who was more thrilled - Sloane, John, or Cooper.




















I had Monday off so Sloane and I happily played in the snow and snuggled indoors, thrilled with an extra day off together.  If I'd known that we'd be housebound for the next four days we would have been tooling around town, footloose and fancy free.

School canceled on Tuesday (oh, how I love working for a school).  We took that opportunity to swing into Target and Trader Joes to stock up for "Winter Extreme 2012" and were thrilled to get the second to last sled at Target - score.  The rest of the week sort of blended together.  Our days consisted of...

Sloane waking up, putting on her hat and begging to go out in the snow.
Then picking out random clothing items to wear around the house.  She refused to take my bra off her neck for three hours one morning.






















We played dress up.

We caught up on some US Weekly
Then found some more appropriate material
We colored and stickered.
We took tubs.  The glow stick tub was a huge hit.  No, I was not playing any rave music.

Played with our dollies.
We ran around the house.  Marched up and down the hallway.  Practiced our backward walking.  We even watched a couple of Disney movies and some sesame street.  We played, played, played. 

We also spent lots of time in the snow every day.












And just as we were about to go absolutely crazy the snow disappeared just as fast as it came.  We love snow in Seattle.  We love snow days.  We love freezing our arses off outside then coming indoors to enjoy hot cocoa. We love watching Cooper bunny hop in the white powder.  We love Sloane's face as she ran to the window each morning to see if the snow was still there.  We love that we all got to be home together on Wednesday.  We love that John's 3 day trip to Arkansas was canceled.  We love sledding.  We love chatting with our neighbors as the kiddos entertain each other.  We loved Winter Extreme 2012.  But we especially love getting back to our normal routine. 

No comments: