Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Around here

I finally figured out how to get Sloane to smile for photos.  When I asked her to say "cheese" she would mutter it under her breath and continue whatever she was doing.  Now I ask her to show me her teeth and I get a wonderful little chipmunk grin every time.  I'm trying to take advantage of it while it works.

Last weekend we pulled through a drive through espresso stand to get a coffee.  I ordered my grande nonfat mocha and John his triple grande nonfat vanilla latte then, without skipping a beat, Sloane shouted from the back seat, "And a milk for Sloane."  Girlfriend got her milk.

Last night we had some friends over for dinner and Sloane asked for some milk.  I got it for her and she immediately burst into tears.  She didn't like the pink cup that I had chosen so she went into the pantry and got the exact same cup in purple and brought it out.  When I said it was a purple cup she started crying harder and screaming thast it was green, not purple.  The joys of a 2 year old.

Meal time has been interesting as our busy bee does not like to sit still.  So she often ends up eating meals like this...
...or we get to enjoy a family dinner around her new picnic table.  Whatever gets the girl to eat.
We turned a corner two weeks ago when, out of the blue, Sloane finally started calling our sweet pup "Cooper" instead of "Pooper".  No one is happier than me as I'd found myself calling her "Pooper" more and more.  I can tell that Coop is relieved too.

On the day of Sloane's bday party I spent a good part of the morning getting the house picked up since the afternoon would be hectic with girls napping and getting all of our stuff to the venue.  After I was done cleaning I took off to pick up the balloons and cake and left the girls and John to hang out.  When I got home an hour later the living room was a mess, the diaper bag totally torn apart and spread across the room along with all of Sloane's toys.  Sloane was standing on a chair at the table, wearing one of Hazel's tiny diapers over her pants and screaming, "No, Cooper" while Coop happily lapped up the hummus that was sitting on Sloane's kiddy table.  I turned the corner to find John, with Hazel strapped to his chest, leaning against the counter surveying the scene while munching on carrots.  Daddy daycare at it's finest.

While Sloane still loves Elmo her new obsession is anything kitty.  She loves her Hello Kitty shirts and insists on wearing her Hello Kitty shoes everywhere.  She asks for her kitty cat pajamas every night and has to be bribed to take them off in the morning.  I used to pass the kids shirts with kittens on them and wonder who the hell would buy them.  I now purchase every shirt I see with a cat on it.


She is a total goof ball.


Hazel is smiling and we love her little grins.  She couldn't be any cuter.

She's also got some crazy hair.

It's fun to have her awake more and to get to interact with her.  While she's a pretty easy baby we've hit the period where she cries for 1-2 hours a night.  We're definitely using the 5 S's.  Luckily, she follows that up with 5-7 hours of sleep.  Thank you, Hazel.



1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

Love this update!! Miss you. xoxo