Tuesday, February 15, 2011

We're back

The Angry Pirates are back for round 2 of bowling. Another 6 straight Wednesday nights of good old fashioned fun...with some pitchers of bud light and shots of whiskey thrown in. While our bowling scores have been more than a bit lacking (we are currently in last place) we continue to dominate the Claw machine. You should see the pile of stuffed animals in our playroom. All cheap and made in China. Some are cute and some are not. Our nieces and nephews love these random gifts – I’m not sure they’re parents are as thrilled.

Nicki rocked sunglass night
January2011h1

Our booty
January2011h2

Subs Adam and Brian weren't spectacular on the lanes but did manage a couple of pulls on the claw
January2011h3

Oh – and I learned last week that I’ve been bowling wrong. For my entire life. Turns out your are supposed to hold the ball with your thumb, middle, and ring fingers when bowling, not your thumb, index and middle fingers. You’d think I would be embarrassed to admit that but I 100% blame Pat and Deb. Shouldn’t they have caught that during our family bowling outings growing up? It borders on neglectful in my book. My score has only slightly improved since I made the switch.

1 comment:

Joia Poort said...

It was only a few years ago I realize it wasn't my index and middle fingers in the hole. I find bowling just slightly less painful to do now. Previously, I didn't understand how people's fingers didn't pull off in the heavy balls...