When I was growing up my family had the most amazing black lab, Magic. Ask any member of my family and they will quickly claim, without hesitation, that Magic was the greatest four legged friend to ever walk the earth. She was a member of our family and we loved her as such. We spent hours chasing her round the yard, snuggling her, hanging out as a family down at the ballfield so she could fetch the decent hits, and Jared and I turned her leash into reins and rode her around the yard time and time again. The thought of Magic takes me back to some of the most special times in my childhood.
There's a special connection that a kid has with their dog. When you don't have the responsibility of taking her for walks, picking up the poop, sweeping the floor daily to try to contain their spring shed.
Sloane looks at Coop and sees her best buddy. She has her Magic, and I love that.
Headed Home
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment