On Thursday Matt stopped by to meet Sloane
And that night, Nicole and Becky brought us a delicious dinner and spent some time snuggling with the girl.

On Friday Sloane had her first doctor's appointment. All was well except her weight was down a bit so the doc had us add some supplemental feedings. We went back on Tuesday (when she was 1 week old) and she'd gained some weight back. We go back for her 2 week appointment on Tuesday and if she's back up to her birth weight we should be good to go. Luckily the pediatrician encouraged us to get Sloane out of the house so we were excited to start venturing out.

On Saturday we had our first big outing and went to Owen's 1st birthday party at Grasslawn park. It was wonderful to get out into the world and spend some time with family and friends. Later that day Matt, Nikka, Mayson, and Max came over for a visit.



On Sunday we celebrated Father's day at the Poort's and Sloane's cousins were very excited to have her there.
The 7 Poort grandkids

Grandpa with all the kiddos

Bailey was so excited to hold her new cousin

You can always count on kids to put you in your place. After thinking (and mentioning to John that morning) that I felt like I was bouncing back from pregnancy fairly quickly, Lola came up to me at breakfast and asked very sweetly, "what's in your big belly now?" Her mom just about died, I almost died laughing. Love you Lola.

Tuesday we went back to the doc and celebrated Sloane's weight gain with a visit from Jenny and Nick. They have baby #2 coming in just a couple of weeks!

Wednesday and Thursday we had pool parties with grandma, grandpa, Lucy, Jonah, and Gus. John is glad the sunshine is out and the pool is in use!

On Thursday, Mimi was finally over her awful bug and got to see Sloane for the first time since the hospital. Both were very happy to be reunited. That evening, night Andrea and Nicole came by to enjoy some dinner from Pesos and a very sleepy baby.

1 comment:
I have my hands so full with Lola I don't even know what to say about that comment. I think YOU are right and are looking fabulous! If it makes you feel any better, Bailey told me in the line at the Gap that I look like I have a baby in my belly and then a week or so ago Lola asked me why my belly is so big. I tried to argue back with Lola and she held firm. Sort-of a funny comment coming from her little pot-bellied self!
Post a Comment