Sunday, June 6, 2010

The nursery

I've been decorating the nursery in my head since the day we found out I was pregnant. Actually, if I'm being honest...long before that. As soon as we moved into our house, we started working on it. John was his incredible self and made everything I asked for a reality. Now it's done and it's everything I'd hoped it would be. It's funky and fun. It's girly without being too girly. It certainly isn't your typical baby's room...not a pastel or barnyard animal in sight (okay - John pointed out the sheep on the crib...but that's the only one).
Before:
Before - crib

After:
After - crib
The baskets in the changing table are actually hot pink. Not sure why they are showing up red here.

Before:
Before - closet

After:
After - closet

Before:
Before window

After:
After - window

Before:
Before - dresser
Before - mirror
Dresser drawer
Before - drawer

After:
After - dresser

Now all we need is a baby!

8 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Welcome to the blogging world! The room looks great. I can't wait for Baby S to get here.

John said...

just a couple corrections...there is a barnyard animal hanging on the crib, is pink not a pastel?, and me and my incredible self are the same person....I think you meant "John and his incredible wife"...(you are incredible)

Megan, Ryan, Addi & Brady said...

Wow! First off, welcome to the blogging world. Second, the nursery is AMAZING! I love the funky, fun and just-girly-enough-without-being-too-girly room you created for baby S! Its perfect! Can't wait for your baby girl to arrive! Congrats again!

sandypoort said...

Kelly, the room looks great. You did a great job on the chair....Wow. Can't wait.

Aimee said...

Come do mine please! :)

Darling!

Aimee said...

P.S. Love the gray wall color.

Joia Poort said...

cute, cute, cute! I love her room! Can't wait to see her IN it! xoxo, auntie joia and cousins bailey and lola

Unknown said...

I wasn't aware there was a Poort family blog until about an hour ago.
But I can't say enough how happy I am for you two!
The nursery looks AMAZING! I love love loooove zebra print.
And Sloane is so beautiful! I can't wait to see everyone in September!

- Allison