Sunday, January 9, 2011

Girls weekend

John was away this weekend for his annual guy's trip in the snow, so Sloane and I were looking forward to some gal time. Unfortunately, I found out Friday morning (when I finally went to the doctor) that I have a nasty sinus infection. Luckily, I got some antibiotics and finally feel like I am on the mend. It was the perfect excuse to have a snuggle in, mellow weekend.

On Friday night, Nicole came over to kick it. We were too busy chatting to take any photos so here's one of Nicole and Sloane Nicole from the archives.
September2010A 071

On Saturday we slept in and snuggled in bed.
January2011a 138

We spent some time bouncing, sitting, and rolling over.
January2011a 140
Kelly phone January 2011 027

We had a fun visit with Aimee and gorgeous Cash (another future boyfriend of Sloane's). He is seriously the smiliest baby I have ever met.
January2011a 159

We made silly videos to send to daddy




We had a rough night on Saturday - Sloane decided to wake up and cry from 11 pm until 1 pm and nothing would soothe her (hence the dark circles under my eyes in the next photo). It's what I get for telling Aimee what a good sleeper Sloane is. When am I going to learn my lesson?

Snuggling with mama - please ignore my morning hair January2011c 103

We broke out the tutu and the owl hat for some photos
January2011c 041

January2011c 057

January2011c 077

January2011c 084

We had a wonderful weekend but are so glad to have John home!

4 comments:

Erin said...

So fun that you got to hang out with Aimee and Cash...your kiddos would make an adorable couple ;)

Heidi Bruch said...

Sloane is too cute, kell. And the second photo down of her in your bed smiling looks so much like caroline that Jon actually thought it was when I showed it to him. She is darling and I love how much you are loving being a mommy.

Aimee said...

Maybe we should've worried about Cash's lack of sleep being contagious rather than your colds. Dang, Cash. Ruining sleep for all the good moms in the world! :)

I hope she is doing better and that it isn't a pattern. She probably knew her dad was gone and felt off and couldn't sleep.

So fun to see you!

Brady Andrew Weedin said...

What a fun little girls weekend! Sloane is getting so big & is such a photogenic little girl!! Love the owl hat!